Friday 29 November 2013

Letter to Boris (on IQ versus wealth)

Dear Boris,
I don't know how true the claims are in a recent article in The Mirror regarding comments on IQ and wealth attributed to yourself, but I wanted to give a few comments of my own on the matter for your consideration. I hope that is not too presumptuous of me.
I don't know whether IQ is a particularly good predictor of wealth, but I can see why such an assumption might be made. IQ is certainly not a great predictor of ethical behaviour or humanity, and I think you would find much better predictors of wealth and power in metrics of greed, ruthlessness and selfishness should they ever be adequately measured and calculated. Also it doesn't take exhaustive research to realise that the most voluminous and monstrous crimes against humanity and the planet are orchestrated by the most wealthy and powerful, not the least, and always have been.
Claims about IQ distribution to support the existing rich/poor disparity strike me as alarmingly eugenicist rhetoric. I hope that such notions are not a genuine participants in your own philosophy.
I would be glad to hear your thoughts on the matter by reply.
Yours Sincerely,
Ian Kirwan

----------------------
Posted to Boris Johnson (mayor@london.gov.uk) 29th November 2013
----------------------
Update: Email received from the Mayor's office; "Thank you for your interest in the work of the Mayor and the Greater London Authority, we are keen to answer your query as quickly and fully as possible. As you will appreciate, the Mayor receives a very large amount of correspondence but he is committed to responding to your query within 20 working days."

1 comment:

  1. Omfg what has that man been sprinkling on HIS cornflakes? How about a double graduate with an IQ of 147 ish (I can't fucking remember) who got knocked about, knocked up and ended up at the bottom of the pile again? Fuck you Boris you fucking muppet, I'd like to see your Iq score you ignorant privileged pig. I bet my dog scores higher. What what? Shove your cornflakes up your posh posterior. Knob.

    ReplyDelete